Canada Child Benefit

The Canada child benefit (CCB) is administered by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). It is a tax-free monthly payment made to eligible families to help with the cost of raising children under 18 years of age.


  • You live with a child who is under 18 years of age
  • You are primarily responsible for the care and upbringing of the child. The female parent is usually considered to be primarily responsible for the care and upbringing of the child but male parent, grandparent or the person with custody would be considered.
  • You are a resident of Canada for tax purposes
  • You or your spouse or common-law partner must be any of the following:
    • a Canadian citizen
    • a permanent resident
    • a protected person
    • a temporary resident who has lived in Canada for the previous 18 months

When to apply

You should apply for the Canada child benefit (CCB) as soon as any of the following situations happen:

  • your child is born
  • a child starts to live with you, or returns to live with you after a temporary period with someone else
  • you get custody of a child
  • you, or your spouse or common-law partner, start to meet the eligibility conditions under Who can apply

How to apply

  • Through birth registration: you should receive your payment within 8 weeks.
  • You can apply for the CCB when you register the birth of your newborn. In most cases, registration is done by paper at the hospital or birthing centre.
  • Online through My Account at CRA: you should receive your payment within 8 weeks.
  • Click this link; My Account
  • By mail – Canada Child Benefits Application, Form RC66 / -Status in Canada and Income Information, Form RC66SCH (if necessary)tal status.

Child Care Subsidy

Ontario’s child care subsidy helps eligible families with the cost of licensed child care for children (up to 12 years old). The Ontario government, municipal governments and First Nations communities share the cost of the program.


You can qualify for the child care subsidy if you are the parent and your child:

  • is in a licensed child care program, or
  • is a school-aged child enrolled in a recreation program, or
  • iis in a before- and after-school program in a school that offers full-day kindergarten.

How to apply

The Ministry of Education provides funding for fee subsidies. To apply for the child care subsidy or to get more information about this program, please contact your local:

  • Consolidated Municipal Service Managers (CMSMs)/District Social Services Administration Boards (DSSABs)

Useful Link

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt